Guest: Speaker & Composer In Residence
Todd will come and be a featured guest composer/lecturer to set either his current CD arrangements for On Eagle Mountain on student ensembles for a live performance, or one of his hybrid compositions dealing with the improvisational fusion of Indian raga and Traditional Jazz in a world music context. This is a unique way to explore compositional structure as a basis for improvisational frame work in real time.
Typical lecture includes:
- Charted arrangements of compositions from current CD
- Discussion of inner and outer form as basis for structural improv.
- Scales, ragas and note choices
- alap and rubato introductions
- Ensemble cohesion and overall group dynamic
Mosby also works with new music and chamber ensembles in an educational setting as well as a community setting for offering new works in the field of choir, chamber orchestra, string quartet and symphonic works.
Works of this nature include:
- Eagle Mountain for full orchestra
- Theme & Variation in 6 Parts for string quartet
- Indigo Glow: In two parts for new music ensemble
- Music In Motion: for chamber orchestra