Classical North Indian Raga: Ustadt Imrat Khan:
- Extensive study of Alap, Jhor, Ghat & Jhala as apllied to key rags from the Imdhad Khani Gharana.
- Philosophy and history North Indian as applied to classical North Indian Music.
- Musicianship Skills including: pulling of mean, gykayan, development of tans, left hand/right hand training, 1-2 finger techniques.
- Note sequencing & movement thru specific ragas along with accompanying characteristic phrases.
- Concert performance format
Composition: Dr. Roland Jordan
- Composition for contemporary percussion ensemble with extensive use and application of graphic score technique.
- Composition for small chamber groupings and solo guitar and piano works based on set theory complex.
- Extensive study and application of structural and atonal devices based on the Allen Fort's set theory complex for atonal music.
Guitar: Improvisation & Stylistic Development
- Gary Burton: adv. concepts in improvisation & comping
- Rick Peckham: adv. chord theory & soloing
- Bruce saunders: adv. guitar theory & improvisation
- David Newsam: classical guitar techniques
- Norm Zocher: acoustic guitar techniques
- Dan Bowden: acoustic blues & pedal theory
- Michael Williams: electric blues gt
- Fareed Haque: technical skills & therory
- Rick Haydon: traditional jazz & time
- Rob Block: chord theory and development
- Jim Kelly: practical guitar application